Friday, November 9, 2012

Corset Cover Research

I really need a corset cover to go under my Garibaldi. The way my old corset was made, it didn't peek up much under my Swiss Body. My chemise served just fine as the underbodice, so I never worried about it overmuch. However, my new corset is cut a good inch or two higher in the front, and consequently shows. Thus, I have been looking for a style of corset cover to pattern something after when I'm on break, and can buckle down and make one. Here are some images I've come across that I really like! (Found on Google images and Pinterest.)

Corset Cover
Cool sleeves! But would they get bunchy?

corset cover
I like the huuuge trim on this one! And also the
wide decolletage.

I like these two a lot, and plan to do something toward one or the other. They both have a nice shape, and the lace adds some nice decoration without adding loads of time.

I'll probably *coughdefinitelycough* go with something simpler that doesn't involve hours of embroidery, but I loved these other examples I found and had to post them.

The corset cover
1869. So, a little late. But super cute!

Corset Cover, 1870s
From the '70s, so it's also a little late,
but DANG! I want it. A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment