Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Civil War Skirt -- Sneak Peek

Here is a sneak peek of my latest project:


It'll be a plaid taffeta skirt in sage, burgundy, and cream, to be worn with a garibaldi blouse and a burgundy swiss waist. The blouse is almost done (just have to set one more sleeve!) and the skirt is, too. The waist is patterned and cut out, but still has to be assembled and fitted. I'm hoping to have it done for Greenfield Village's Memorial Day reenactment, but won't get to work on it much until the semester is over in a little over a month. I'm so excited for it to be finished, though! The skirt (pictured) has a pleated hem, trimmed with burgundy velvet ribbon. If I do say so myself, it looks awesome over a hoop!

Stay tuned for more costuming projects :) Due to school, most of the breaking sewing news will run from May to August, but I have a stash of photos and projects to show before then!

No comments:

Post a Comment