Saturday, June 9, 2012

Apron Project, and Delayed Posts

I won't be around for the next week or so, which means that my posting has been/will be interrupted/delayed.

In the meantime, here is my new project that I am starting work on:

All cut out and ready to sew!

It's a patriotic apron to look like the 1st National Confederate flag. I'm patterning it off of an original, which I mentioned in a previous post. I have the stars all drawn on to the white linen, so they just have to be cut out and appliqued on to the blue (which is a little lighter than it looks here). I decided to box pleat it, departing from the original. I like the result better on my frame, though... it was looking a little odd before! I'm excited to have this done, and hope to sport it at Hastings in July.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment