Saturday, April 28, 2012

Eating Cookies is a Bad Way to Deal with Disaster

This week. I do declare.

I seem to have abandoned Quote Thursday some time ago, but here is one that is helping me to contextualize some things right now:
"We must expect reverses, even defeats. They are sent to teach us wisdom and prudence, to call forth greater energies, and to prevent our falling into greater disasters."
-General Robert E. Lee
If The General can deal with the downfall of the Confederacy and having to surrender his entire army, I can deal with an art professor who seems bent on my ultimate destruction. I dearly love this quote--it helps me to remember that God's plan can be rocky and painful at times, but we'll never know what we've been spared through our current problems.

With lots of caffeine and the support of my dear lovely best friends, I can finish the semester! In only two weeks I will never have to deal with these classes again, and it's my last class ever with the professor who is the source of my current *cougheverpresentcough* dismay. HURRAH!!!

Also, I remembered too late that eating cookies in response to distressing circumstances:
a) does not lastingly fix the problem, and
b) makes wearing my corset much less comfortable when I plan to don my ball gown.

No comments:

Post a Comment