Wednesday, April 11, 2012

In-Progress: Civil War Beading Project

Here is another project in progress: a small beaded purse for Civil War reenacting!

I'm more than a little in love with it. I am not quite halfway there... the one side (pictured) is almost done, but then I have another whole side to go. I used delica beads to get the even, smooth tiling, and while it was quite a bit more expensive than using regular seed beads, (about $20 total for the six colors in varying quantities), the result as more than worth it. And from what I've seen of originals, this is closer to the size and shape of bead they used than our normal rounder ones anyhow. 

When completed, it will be lined with bright pink dupioni silk, which I have had in my stash for about a year now. I got it as a remnant, and knew it would come in handy! :) I also need to find a closure for it... I'm thinking of a brass snap closure, but haven't decided for sure yet.

A belated happy Easter... He is risen indeed, Alleluia!

No comments:

Post a Comment