Friday, April 20, 2012

Getting Ideas...

Remember the exciting fabric I got at Kalamazoo?

(Here it is again... beautiful, cheery embroidered cotton!)

Well, I think I've found what I am going to make with it:


I was reading American Duchess' blog (a perennial favorite) and found this piece. I'd been brainstorming a Rev War era project that wouldn't take too much fabric (since I only have a little over a yard and a half of 54" wide, not enough for a polonaise or something of that sort), and instantly fell in love with this 1784 pierrot. It's even a floral stripe of the same size... destiny!!! It's post-war, but I'm not too bothered by that... now I just have to make stays, undergarments, and a petticoat to go with it. It'll be a while before I'm outfitted in 18th C since I still have a lot of Civil War and Bustle era projects in the works, but I'm excited to  start, especially now that I have an official inspiration piece!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm quite in love with it :) It's a fairly light yellow... the photo didn't quite capture the colors. I'm excited to work with it, as I haven't used an embroidered cotton before!

      Delete