Monday, July 30, 2012

Civil War Sheet Music!

For those who are musically inclined, I have discovered a most exciting resource: Duke University's online Civil War Sheet Music Collection!!

I was looking for some original sheet music to Battle Cry of Freedom when I stumbled across this goldmine. Finding scores of digitized original sheet music that can be downloaded freely and legally was beyond exciting. Since then, I've been jamming on the piano to such classics as When This Cruel War is Over, Marching Through Georgia, and The Bonnie Blue Flag. So what are you waiting for? Head over here and join me in Civil War-era musical reverie!

A few delicious sheet music covers. Even if you
don't play, you've gotta at least take a look at them!

Note: They also have sheet music from many other eras and on many other topics. I just happen to have a little bit of an obsession with the Civil War era, and therefore was drawn exclusively to that part of the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment