|Sorry for the pretty nasty photo quality--it was taken on|
my iPad in the absence of my real camera.
I used a stiff-ish moire fabric with pillow ticking for lining. And, in a move of grand experimentation, I went horribly unauthentic and attempted to use extra-large zipties for boning. I'd heard of others trying it, and thought it was worth a shot. It seems to be working so far... when they're done, I'll review it as a material. (Not that I have much to compare it to, as I don't own any other stays...)
18thC must wait a while now, though, because HASTINGS is THIS WEEKEND!! It snuck up on me like nothing else... at this point I am madly trying to finish up a few things, including the apron, the hat, and some trim on an old dress, which I'll post about next. Whew!