Friday, July 27, 2012

Hastings/Charlton Park Report

Well, it would seem that blogger ATE the Charlton Park post I put up before, so I shall write another. The internet cannot prevent me from proclaiming my love for this event!

The event last weekend was one of my favorites of all time. Great company, epic battles, a short appearance at a barn dance, varietous scenarios, and a more relaxing atmosphere than usual made it more than memorable. Out of the photos that have popped up on facebook, here are my favorites! They were taken by TGDavison Photography. Check out the rest of his Hastings photos here... they're amazing!


Here's my newly trimmed blue plaid in action! You can't see the sleeves very well, but get the general idea.


This is my favorite picture of the weekend--it shows my dear friend's nephew-to-be impressing me with his ability to spot colors. I'm wearing my green linen weave striped dress with the pagoda sleeve day bodice. (It has an evening bodice too, for less formal parties and dances that don't quite warrant a ballgown.) On top is... THE APRON!! It still needs one star, but close enough was close enough... I wanted to wear it! I donned it for almost the entire weekend, and it generated a not inconsiderable amount of comment. It was the only patriotic apron I saw at the event, which was surprising given that there was quite a rash of them last year. Either way, I am quite in love with it!

All in all, it was a more than successful weekend. I'll definitely be back... thank you Charlton Park for a great event!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely photo of you and your friend's nephew-to-be! I will have to have a look at the other photos of this event...it sounds wonderful.

    As a child, I loved crinoline dresses, but over the years my historical taste moved to, and firmly took root in the Regency era, but now I have discovered the wonderful worlds of costuming, re-enacting, and steampunk, and all the brilliant websites that supply patterns and trimmings, as well as brilliant, informative blogs like yours! I guess my childhood dream is coming true...better late than never!

    Looking forward to reading more about your costuming adventures. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comments! I love the Regency era as well, in addition to 18th C and bustle, but can't seem to pry myself away from hoopskirts at present :)

      Delete